My 2019 To-Do List


It's been awhile since I created a to-do list for myself, so I decided that 2019 was going to be the year to do another one. I'm keeping it fairly short in hopes that if I complete everything on this list by the summer, I can create a second one to keep me busy through the rest of the year.

Here are the tasks I've set for myself this year:

1. Hang my new IKEA pegboard
I received this for Christmas from my Secret Santa. (Thanks for the wish list feature, Elfster.) As you can see, the pegboard comes with a variety of little gadgets that hang from it so you can organize your stuff. I've already got those on the board, but I need to get the board on my wall. (And maybe I should organize my scrap desk once the board is up.)


2. Organize my shoes
This is how my shoes have been stored in my closet for years - in a hanging sweater bin! But half of these shoes (okay, probably more than half) don't ever get worn thanks to my very flat feet and inability to wear most shoes. I need to get rid of the shoes I don't wear and make room for the few that I do/can wear.


3. Organize my pantry
My first week of maternity leave when my baby had STILL not been born, I spent the time throwing out expired stuff from the pantry, and then eventually I started a labeling system and got everything all nice looking in there. But over time, my pantry has started to look like this again. It's time for another purge and clean.


4. Corral the stuffed animals
My daughter currently has a huge pile of stuffed animals just taking up valuable floor space in her bedroom. (I can count on one hand how many of these she actually plays with.) I saw something on Pinterest about building a "zoo" container for the stuffed animals, so I would like to try my hand at that.

5. Organize my Tupperware/reusable containers cabinet
This has been on my to-do list ever since I read the book Decluttering at the Speed of Life. I basically need to go through, find all the bottoms that have matches and throw out any that do not have lids or bottoms. If I don't have room for all the containers I do have, then some of them will have to go. Plain and simple. I just need to set aside the time to do this task.


What about you guys? Do you have a to-do list yet for the year? Let's hold each other accountable and hopefully we'll complete our goals!

Comments