Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Chocolate-Glazed Donuts

In lieu of making cinnamon rolls (dairy-free AND gluten-free) for Christmas breakfast, I opted for something far easier: these gluten-free and vegan Baked Chocolate Sprinkle Donuts from A Dash of Megnut.

A few Christmases ago, I received a donut pan and I have to say that I don't use it much. But I really need to, especially for this recipe because it's a winner. And I hope to make these donuts our new Christmas breakfast tradition!



You're supposed to use rainbow sprinkles on top, but my kid used up (i.e. dumped all over the floor) the last of our rainbow sprinkles. All I had in the pantry was sugar sprinkles in white and green, so that's what I used. They don't show up as well on the chocolate glaze, but they were there and gave the donuts a nice crunch. 

And just so you know, yes, you bake these donuts. It's kind of like making a cake donut. Were we able to pick them up and eat them with our hands? Well, no. We used forks only because the glaze was a little messy and the donuts broke very easily. But they were still tasty, and like I said, I would totally make these again!

What do you guys make for Christmas breakfast? You can find more breakfast ideas on my Good Morning, Breakfast Pinterest board!

Comments