Potty Training: Episode 3: Revenge of the Training Toilet

I don't know if our training toilet is possessed or if it just got tired of nobody peeing in it, but randomly one evening it started playing its "reward" music over and over again. I had to turn it off! Scary potty!

Actually, I think it might have been because my daughter HAD peed in it that day, and I wiped it up with a Clorox wipe. Maybe you're not supposed to do that? But that's how I clean our real toilets, so...

The next day, the training toilet was back to normal, but occasionally it will still act up. Just the other day, my daughter peed in it and the music played. And then played again. And then played again. And then played again. This went on for three episodes of Peppa Pig. I'm like, "Are you done? Can I wipe you now so we can get off this potty and shut it up?"

As long as it doesn't come for me in the night...

Despite having a demonic training toilet, the potty training experience is actually going very well. Yes, I do bribe my child with Peppa Pig episodes to get her to sit on the potty (my real goal there is to have a British child), but more and more she is telling me when she has to go. And she actually does go! We've even had a few successful poops on the potty!

She still won't sit on a big potty if we're in a public place, even with a portable kid-sized adapter seat to put on top. I think she's afraid she will fall off. And she still pees and poops in the middle of the night sometimes, so we are definitely still on the "training" part of the journey, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

May the Force be with us.

Comments