My Fave Kids' Christmas Books

When I was a kid, I had a whole basket of Christmas books. It was a tradition that I always received a new holiday-themed book every year. While the A-list of the books are at my parents' house, I got to keep the B-list books (or the ones my mom didn't like). But out of all those B-list books are a few that I remember really enjoying as a kid. So I'm sharing them with you here today.


1. Bialosky's Christmas - Leslie McGuire
This is a cute little story about a honey-loving bear who decides to throw his own Christmas Eve party. He's got the decorations, the presents, the tree, the food. What's missing? You'll find out at the end of the book!

2. The Christmas Santa Almost Missed - Marian Frances
I received this book from my first grade teacher, believe it or not! It's a first-reader book, so perfect for those kids who are just learning to read and sound out words. In the story, Santa can't find his cap, and his search almost makes him miss his scheduled sleigh flight!

3. Hobo Dog's Christmas Tree - Thacher Hurd
I don't remember where I got this book, but I'm sure it wasn't one that my mom picked out for me! I like the book, though. It's a great message of turning trash into treasure and proving that you don't have to have a lot to have a nice Christmas.

Comments