Make Every Day Count Scrapbook Page

Here is my submission for the December White with 1 challenge! The color this month was Vivid Gold. I had a few bits and pieces in gold colors that I mixed together to create this mixed media page.


For the background, I took some Prima Rust Paste and added water to it. I just painted streaks of it in a burst design and then added a few splatters. I wanted to make sure you could still see it from behind the photo.


Then I added in the embellishments, including some older flowers from one of The International Scrapbook Garden kits. This was a total stashbuster, and it feels so good to get stuff out of my stash and onto the page.


I'm really loving the challenge of these White with 1 challenges. Only using two colors can be tough, but the challenges definitely make you sort through your stuff, and then you'll be amazed at what you find!

The photo is one of me and my husband on paddle boats in Washington, D.C. It was a bright, sunny day, so the gold color definitely suited the mood of the photo.

Comments

  1. Lovely layout. The sunburst is perfect for your sunny photo. Thanks so much for joining us at White ... With 1 for the December 2018 challenge! Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh! Your background work is absolutely fabulous!!!! I love it! It creates such an amazing backdrop for your photograph!
    Thank you for joining us at White.. with 1!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your page just exudes happiness - thank you for joining us at White ... with 1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great background Laurie, love how you have done this layout. Thank you for joining us at White with One this month x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sunburst, it makes your layout so bright and lively! Thank you so much for joining us at White...with 1❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny, we can see you have so much fun ! Thanks for playing with us at ww1 !

    ReplyDelete
  7. So bright and vibrant. I really like your background work. Many thanks for sharing with us on White with 1.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment