Jovial Pasta and Crushed Tomatoes Review

After meeting the Jovial folks at the NJ Gluten Free & Allergen Friendly Expo, they offered to send me a care package of Jovial foods to try out at home. I was already familiar with Jovial's no-boil gluten-free lasagna, but I was excited to try some of their other gluten-free foods. 

The first two items I decided to use from the four-piece package were the crushed tomatoes and brown rice pasta. Throwing together pasta and sauce on a busy weeknight is one of our go-to meals, but for this, I decided to use the crushed tomatoes to make my own sauce for the pasta. 


I found a really simple recipe online from The Make Your Own Zone. You're basically just mixing a few spices that you probably already own with the jar of crushed tomatoes. Think basil, garlic, oregano, salt, and red pepper flakes. (The red pepper is optional, but I added it.)


I thought my homemade pasta turned out great and was very easy to make. The Jovial crushed tomatoes are 100-percent organic and adding in your own spices allows you to control the flavor and know exactly what is going into your sauce.

The taste of the pasta was also great! But I expected nothing less based on my previous experience with Jovial's gluten-free lasagna noodles.

If you want to find out more about Jovial foods and where you can purchase them, check out the Jovial website.

Next up, the jar of Jovial chickpeas and the box of Jovial gluten-free bread mix. Stay tuned!

Comments