December Daily 2018 cover featuring Cheeky Studio


Last week I shared with you the contents of the new December Christmas Beauty kit from Cheeky Studio. And this week I've got my first project using the kit. I created my cover for my 2018 December Daily album. (Though I feel like this year is going to be more of a December Documented than "daily". We'll see how things turn out.)


I tried to get a process video for this one, but my camera cut out halfway through. So I'll do my best to walk you through everything here.

Basically, I took one of the patterned papers from the kit, traced the chipboard album design on it, and cut that out. I punched holes in the paper with a hole punch to make space for the D-rings that are going to hold the album together.


Once the paper was adhered to the chipboard, I took that gorgeous gold-striped overlay and cut that down to size to layer on top of the patterned paper. Then, I grabbed some of the Christmas Beauty ephemera, one of the Christmas Beauty circles, and two other joy-themed stickers from my stash to create an embellishment cluster up top.


I also cut out the "Joy" cut-apart sentiment from the Wild Whisper papers and added gold Thickers numbers to mark the year. I decided not to add the words "December Daily" to the cover because I figure that by this point, it's pretty self-explanatory what this mini album is.

I also wrapped some of the green twine around the front, and then stuck a small word sticker underneath the larger "Joy" word.

And that's it! My cover is complete and I'm ready to start assembling the rest of my album. I probably won't get any of my pictures printed until December is over, but that's okay!

Are you doing a December Daily this year? I think the December Christmas Beauty kit would be perfect to use! You can find the kit and more in the Cheeky Studio store AND use my discount code, Cookscrap10, to save 10% off your order!


Comments