Chocolate Peppermint Sugar Cookies

I know that the holiday season is over, but there's still one more weekend before December ends, and making (and eating) these Chocolate Peppermint Sugar Cookies could be a fun New Year's Eve activity.

I first made these cookies all the way back in 2011 and gave them as gifts to family members. But I haven't made them since! That all changed this year when I made them for my company's annual cookie exchange.



I changed things up a little this year. Instead of buying a sugar cookie mix, I bought the sugar cookie pre-made cookie logs and just sliced and baked. I also didn't try to crush up peppermint candies. This year, I bought small candy canes and crushed those. (I know the stores sell crushed peppermint, but my store was all out when I went to buy it.)

AND instead of melting milk chocolate, I did dark chocolate. Enjoy Life Foods dark chocolate morsels, to be exact.

These were NOT gluten-free, but you could obviously use a gluten-free sugar cookie mix or make them gluten-free from scratch depending on how much time you have.

Happy baking and happy new year!

Comments