Nicole Petersen Scrapbook Pages Part 1

The other weekend I attended the Stamp & Scrapbook Expo where I took a class from Nicole Petersen about mixing patterned papers. It was a really cool class, and we left with a huge kit of goodies to take home!

In the class, we got started working on two layouts. The first was a layout with a heart made of patterned paper strips, and the second was a layout with stamps on white cardstock. We didn't finish the layouts in the one-hour class, but we did receive instructions on how to complete the layouts, plus many more using the supplies we were given.

So here is what I ended up creating once I got home! "Epic" is the patterned heart layout from the class. We literally cut strips of patterned paper and adhered them to a cut-out heart. Then Nicole told us to take kraft foam and pop up the heart on top of our patterned background paper. I embellished as close as I could to the provided photo, but I didn't have exactly the same embellishments. I actually added the word "Epic" (old Heidi Swapp) and the white star in square from my stash. Everything else on this layout came in the kit that Nicole gave us.


"Find a Favorite Little Something in Every Day" was the second in-class layout that we started. Nicole let us use something called the Mitzi to stamp our white cardstock, and then we finished the rest of the layout at home. The Mitzi was really cool (but really expensive). I gotta say - triangles on scrapbook pages have got to become more of a thing for me. They are such an unexpected shape, and I really like how they look on this layout. I only added one extra piece of flair (from Cheeky Studio) on this layout. Everything else came from my kit!


This layout also has a triangle on it and used the strips of patterned paper technique again! Speaking of patterned paper mixing - I mixed two different Bella Blvd lines on this, so I think that Nicole would be proud. As the title, created by some corrugated Jillibean Soup letters, suggests, these photos were taken in Burlington, Vermont. I would LOVE to go back there some day and spend more time.


I'll have the other layouts to share with you next week! Thanks for looking!

Comments