Ho Ho No! Scrapbook Page

There is a Christmas in July scrapbook challenge happening right now on Instagram, and I decided that I couldn't miss out on this opportunity to play along. So here is the Christmas page that I created using the photo that was taken of me and my daughter meeting Santa last December. (If you haven't already guessed by the title, she didn't like it.)


 I'm also entering this for the July Scrap the Girls challenge. It was a mood board challenge, and I was inspired by the blacks and pinks in the mood board. Obviously, this layout is filled with blacks and pinks thanks to the super cute Cheeky Studio Pink and Mint Christmas collection, so it takes a slightly different approach to the traditional Christmas colors. A darker approach perhaps? Yes, I think so. But still cute and girly!


I layered some of the 4x6 cards in the collection behind my photo, which was backed with some teal patterned paper, and embellished with some of the ephemera pieces and one of the flair pieces.


I used the candy cane pieces, two of which were black and pink, to line the bottom of the sparkly pink paper.

And then I punched out holes in the sparkly paper to let some Echo Park pink polka dot paper show through. Because I don't currently have a way of making shaker pockets, I just stuck some of the Cheeky Studio Winter Flowers sequins mix in each spot to give the illusion of shaker pockets.


I used one of the smaller cards in the Pink and Mint collection for my journaling about our second ill-fated experience meeting Santa. (I just don't get it! Why is Santa terrible but the Easter Bunny is okay?)

Anyway, thanks for looking!

(And if you want to purchase any of the Cheeky Studio products that I mentioned, don't forget I've got a discount code you can use: CookScrap10!)

Comments

  1. love all the bling! your photo and story are balanced beautifully on the page.
    Thanks for joining us at Scrap the girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, cute layout, and cute Christmas layout. Thanks for joining us at STG.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment