Smile Scrapbook Page

Hi everyone! Just popping in today to share a layout I created just for fun. I used a brand new paper pad that I picked up during my last Michael's haul. It was a $5 hot buy! I just loved the bright colors and some of the silly sentiments that were inside. And I thought it went perfectly with this picture of me being silly at a work event last year.


The embellishments on this layout are a nice mixture of things from my stash: Crate Paper Good Vibes, Cheeky Studio Unicorns and Rainbows, American Crafts Glitter Girl, Shimmerz Vibez Don't Rain On My Parade.


I just went crazy with the layering and used craft foam to build up the dimension on some of the embellishments.


I also used the packaging technique with the Shimmerz mist to create the mixed media background. I did clear gesso on the background paper because I thought it might need it; it's pretty thin paper, but it didn't seem to make a difference. Probably if you're going to do mixed media, you should decide to do it before you start laying things down on the page. PROBABLY, LAURIE.


Anyway, I'm glad with the way this turned out. Sometimes these very quick little layouts where I'm just sort of throwing things together end up being some of my favorites.

Thanks for looking!

Comments