Gluten-Free Breaded Baked Chicken

The other week I decided I was going to try and follow a migraine-safe diet per a book I recently read about how to eliminate migraines. In hindsight, it probably wasn't the best week to do it. Part of the migraine-safe diet is to not eat chocolate or peanut butter, and this was right after my daughter's birthday where I made cupcakes with chocolate frosting and puppy chow/muddy buddies with melted chocolate and peanut butter.

So you can probably guess that I did partake in the chocolate and the peanut butter. 

Not that those particular foods have ever specifically lead me to getting a migraine, and I'm pretty sure my migraines have nothing to do with food, actually. But I digress.

In my quest to find recipes that were safe for me to eat and that would be safe for my Celiac husband to eat, I came across this recipe for Breaded Baked Chicken from More Migraine-Free Cooking. As easy as it sounds. 


Unfortunately, the blog hasn't been updated in several years, which is kind of a bummer because I would love to see more recipes like this to try. But I'll take what I can get.

In terms of making this gluten-free, the only thing I had to substitute was the bread crumbs. I just used gluten-free bread crumbs from 4C.


This turned out really well, and it was really easy. My husband liked it, but my toddler was not a fan of the chicken. I think it was the gluten-free bread crumbs she didn't like. They were Italian seasoned and a bit crunchy, so next time I might try the plain gluten-free bread crumbs and see if that makes a difference to her picky palate.

Otherwise, I will definitely make this again even if I'm not trying to do another migraine-safe eating week!

Comments