Beautiful Music Scrapbook Layout featuring The International Scrapbook Garden

Today's scrapbook layout doesn't feature any people! Instead I went back through my photos from last April when my husband and I went to Vermont. I had been hemming and hawing over what to do with these photos - put them in a separate vacation album? Do a mini album? Just add them to my regular album?

I kind of made up my mind that a mini album was out of the question when I scrapped the photo of me at the Ben & Jerry's factory as a 12x12, so I'm still not sure if I'm going to make this a stand-alone album or not. But I've got to get these photos scrapped!

And I thought that the patterned papers in The International Scrapbook Garden A Rustic Spring kit were perfect for these two photos of our very brief visit to The Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe, Vermont.



Yes, this is the same Trapp Family that inspired The Sound of Music! We may or may not have played "The hills are alive with the sound of music" while looking out at that scenery where we parked the car.


The green background paper is 49 and Market Tattered Garden Tattered Path, and the paper with the purple flowers and writing on it is 13@rts Vintage Moments Lavender Fields. So to go along with the lavender, I used up the rest of the 49 and Market Bluebell flowers from last week's layout, plus the Kaisercraft Paper Blooms Amethyst, and the 49 and Market Vintage Shades Yellow.


I also used the Prima Microbeads Grass to line the upper angle of the 13@rts paper. (I am actually almost out of those things!) And the photos are backed with some of the burlap.

Hidden among the embellishment clusters you'll also find the Prima Flowers Butterflies and some of the jute cord all wound up.



I also used the Kaisercraft Blackberry mist to spray that cool honeycomb shape from the 49 and Market Archival Board Set just to add a little bit of extra visual interest behind the photos and embellishments.


I didn't do a scrapbook process video for this one, but I think I covered everything in this blog post. Thanks for looking, and don't forget to visit The International Scrapbook Garden store to purchase your own A Rustic Spring kit!

Comments