I Met Sam Scrapbook Layout featuring The International Scrapbook Garden

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I have never met any leprechauns, but I have met a hobbit. That's the theme of today's scrapbook layout featuring the Kisses and Snowflakes kit from The International Scrapbook Garden. And the layout is based on the March sketch challenge created by Heather over at Memory Lane Scrapbook Store.


I liked how the pink background in the photo matched so well with some of the pink in the 7 Dots Northern Lights collection, so that's primarily the papers and embellishments that I used on this. 


But I did add in some of the Prima Zella Teal ephemera, Scrapberry's Exquisite Embellishments Create Wonder, Prima Sunrise Sunset Paper Petals Silver Blue flowers, US Art Quest Prills in Plum Crazy, and Dovecraft Adhesive Gems Perfectly Pink. Then I splattered a little bit of the Shimmerz Vibez Grape Escape. I LOVE that color.

I had a lot of fun creating the cluster of embellishments underneath the photo. It gives the layout a lot of texture and dimension. But it does take forever to strategically lay everything out and make it look like all these embellishments just effortlessly fell there or something!


The story behind this photo is that Sean Astin, who played Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings movies, was at a press event that I attended. (It was totally random that he was there, and I had NO idea why he was there at the time.) My co-worker, who didn't know who he was, told me she would take my picture with him, so we went up to the PR guy standing near him and asked for a photo. Once Sean was finished talking to someone else, the PR guy stepped in and said, "We have someone here who would like a photo." I walked up and said, "Hi!" We shook hands, Sean Astin smiled, and then he turned so we could take the photo, and then that was that. He never said a word to me. Not even a "hi" back! ??? It was so awkward.

But whatever. Out of the four hobbits, he was actually fourth on the list of hobbits I wanted to meet. Oops. 


Anyway, that's my story. Maybe someday I'll get to meet Frodo! 

Thanks for looking!

Comments

Post a Comment