Gluten-Free Sausage and Sweet Pepper Hash

In an attempt to try more new things for dinner, I recently made this Sausage and Sweet Pepper Hash from Better Homes and Gardens magazine. Was it easy to make gluten-free? Yeah!

It requires chicken sausage with apple, which isn't hard to find a variety that is gluten-free. We used the Johnsonville brand this time. You also need to make sure that your chicken broth is gluten-free. Did you know that Swanson chicken broth is gluten-free?


Everything else is fresh produce, so that means it's naturally gluten-free!

And what I also like about this meal is that you make it in the slow cooker. If you haven't heard about slow cooker liners yet, then you must get on board with this. It makes clean-up a breeze! I never cook with my slow cooker unless I have slow cooker liners.

Anyway, I made scrambled eggs to accompany this for my husband and fried eggs (over easy eggs? sunny side up eggs? I don't know my egg names past hard boiled and scrambled) for me. Delicious! Would definitely make this again, but I would want more of the chicken sausage!

Comments