Gluten-Free Ham and Cheese Scones

I went way back into my Good Morning, Breakfast Pinterest board for this next recipe. So far back, in fact, that the link for the Ham and Cheese Scones recipe from A Beautiful Bite isn't even valid anymore! Luckily, I did find it through a Google search on Tasty Kitchen, so I was able to make these savory scones for dinner the other night.


So basically, to make these gluten-free, I used Bob's Red Mill All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour. And that was it! That was the only substitution I needed. The other ingredients are your basic butter, baking powder, salt, milk, shredded cheddar, diced ham, and diced onion.

I purchased my ham pre-diced at the grocery store. It was sold that way in a package in the meat section.

I also used half of a small onion, but honestly, I think I would use even less of the onion or cut out the onion entirely. But that's just my personal preference. Maybe less onion and more of the ham.

Because we were doing these scones for dinner, I served them up with tomato soup. So this was basically like a new riff on soup and sandwich.


My daughter didn't eat the scone, but my husband had two scones! And then we had scones left over for lunch, which was great!

Another note: I have a special scone baking pan that creates the perfect scone triangles. But you can just form your dough into a circle and bake it in that shape on a regular baking sheet. That's actually what the original recipe calls for.

Comments