Poppy Popcorn Review

I think someone needs to alert NBC to what the term "primetime" means. When you say that figure skating will be airing live during "primetime", to me that shouldn't mean after 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time (my bedtime).

Also, I'm not really sure how you can air one figure skater live, cut to another sport for an hour, and then go back to figure skating and have that sport still be live. Did they stop figure skating for an hour so that NBC could air something else? I think not.

Anyway.

While NBC's coverage of figure skating hasn't always been reliable, at least my Olympics snack of choice has been. I received two free bags of Poppy hand-crafted popcorn from a PR company recently with no obligation to review, but I enjoyed it so much that I just had to write something about it. Plus, it's gluten-free, which makes me very happy.

I sampled the Chocolate Peanut Butter and Salted Caramel flavors, but the company makes several sweet and savory varieties. You can see all the available flavors here. I thought the Chocolate Peanut Butter reminded me more of chocolate caramel, which is not a bad thing at all! And the Salted Caramel was just as you'd expect. Delicious.

The popcorn is made in North Carolina, but it ships nationwide, so you don't have to be a local to enjoy the flavors! These would make a great gift around the holidays (especially as an alternative to those giant tubs of flavored popcorn that are probably not made with natural ingredients) or just treat yourself any time of year.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go back to snacking and watching something that is not figure skating on NBC.

Comments