Tissue Tearer - Stuck?! Sketches December 1st Sketch

A new month means new scrapbook challenges, and this month I am playing along with the December 1st sketch challenge at Stuck?! Sketches. This was the perfect sketch for using up washi tape in my stash.


The base of this started with the Elle's Studio Live, Laugh, Love collection from my June 2017 The Scraproom Doubleshot Kit. And then I just added a bunch of other stuff from my stash: EK Success chipboard alphas, random washi tape, Lindy's Stamp Gang Flat Fabio Spray Hibiscus Rose, and other random embellishments.


I'd say this is the first layout where I've really let washi tape do the talking. Prior to this layout, I really haven't used washi tape all that much. But I'm slowly getting more comfortable with washi tape.


I also backed my photos with tissue paper because I've been seeing a lot of other scrapbookers do that, and it also sort of fit with these pictures.

You see, my child REALLY likes tissues. Even to this day. But back in May when she was only 14 months old, all she did with them was tear them up in tiny shreds.


One day I left her alone in her room for, like, two seconds, and I came back and all the tissues had been pulled from the box and torn into tiny pieces. The lesson? My child cannot be trusted with a box of tissues.

So that's it! Thanks for looking. And good luck if you play along!

Comments

  1. Oh dear i had to smile at your daughters adventures with tissues!! but it makes for a great scrapbook page!! Love the colors of the washi and clever idea too.. thanks for joining in with Stuck?! Sketches with your lovely layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great creative idea to use the washi tapes for the background. I love how colorful your page turned out. And what a fun memory to capture :). thank you for plyaing with us at Stuck?! Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious! Love the colors so bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pictures! Thank you for joining us at stuck sketches. If

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! And I love how the sketch works so well with your subject matter; it's like the washi tapes are the pieces of tissue that your daughter "cut"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! This is so cute!! I love layouts about finding out kids destroying things. lol Great colors and layering! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment