Thankful Fall Wall Hanging

I'm back again with another project using The International Scrapbook Garden Autumn Hayride kits. When I was going through the kits, there were so many cool embellishments that I just couldn't bear to hide away in a scrapbook. I knew I wanted to create some type of fall decor with them. So I ended up making a small fall-themed wall hanging.



The only things on this that are NOT from Autumn Hayride are the two mini clothespins. I had it in my head that I wanted clothespins on this to hold up a small photo or ephemera embellishment, which is what I ended up doing, and believe it or not, Walmart had the exact mini clothespins I was looking for in its craft aisle!


I covered the Prima Shabby Chic Treasures Leaves with the Prima Art Alchemy Antique Brilliance Wax Red Amber, painted the Creative Embellishments chipboard leaf wreath in the Prima Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint Metallique Plum Preserves, cut out a circle from the Pion Design Summer Falls Into Autumn Tags paper that was a little bit wider than the chipboard wreath, layered the 49 and Market burlap over the paper, and then started layering everything else on top of that.


I've also got the May Arts Jumbo Leaves Ribbon on here, and one of the Prima Flowers Butterfly Kiss Melody butterflies (gorgeous!), as well as some of the Prima Amber Moon Say It In Crystals and Amber Moon ephemera.

I was going to pin a small fall photo in the middle of this, but then I decided that not everything I do has to have a photo, so I created a little banner with three pieces of the ephemera and backed it with the Prima Amber Moon Into the Woods paper.

I backed the whole thing with cardboard for extra stability and added a burlap string hook for hanging. Can't wait to add this to my fall decor next season!

Thanks for looking!

Comments