Cookie Exchange Cookies: Santa's Favorite Cookies

Last year for my company's holiday cookie exchange, I made cookies called Santa's Favorite Cookies. Now, I haven't talked to Santa about this or anything, but I'm pretty sure that he would approve. What makes these cookies so delightful? The inclusion of instant vanilla pudding mix.


Okay, and there are Christmas colored M&Ms. So chocolate is always a plus.

The original recipe comes from a website called Crazy for Crust, but I had to alter it a little because it calls for making balls of cookie dough that are 2 tablespoons large, but if you do that, there is no way you'll get the 24 cookies that the recipe is supposed to yield. Instead you'll end up with 12 crazy big cookies. So just keep your cookies to about 1 tablespoon.

(I actually use a Cake Boss cookie sheet that tells you what size dough balls to make and how far apart to spread them.)


I also used sugar sprinkles in place of regular sprinkles because it was what I had in my baking stash, so it just made sense to use what I had instead of going out and buying something else. The sugar sprinkles worked just fine.

I didn't make these gluten-free because nobody at the office is on a gluten-free diet, but I do think it would be easy to substitute a gluten-free all-purpose flour (like the one from Bob's Red Mill) and make sure you're using a gluten-free vanilla pudding mix.

If you like a nice soft cookie (which I do), then you will also be calling Santa's Favorite Cookies YOUR favorite cookies.

Comments