Simply Beautiful Scrapbook Layout

I am all about trying new things. Perhaps that is something I should have listed on this scrapbook layout as something that is beautifully unique about me! 

This page is all sorts of unique and new for me: the journaling is inspired by the chapter 1 reflection questions in Chrystal Evans Hurst's book She's Still There and I experimented with 13@rts Plastic Microspheres. 


You're probably thinking, "What the heck is happening here?"

Bear with me.

This is SO not my normal scrapbooking style. But it is me trying new things. It is me letting my creative flag fly.

All of the supplies come from The International Scrapbook Garden Garden Sunkissed main and bonus kits: Lemoncraft Fresh Summer 05 paper, May Arts wrinkled ribbon yellow, Kaisercraft self-adhesive pearls, Lemoncraft ephemera card, Lemoncraft Fresh Summer buttons, Scrapberrys Sky Blue Gardenias, Creative Embellishments Feather Stencil, 13@rts Ayeeda Paint Turquoise, 13@rts Ayeeda Plastic Microspheres, and Petaloo DIY Paintables Mixed Flowers.


So yes, there is a lot going on here. But I kind of like it.

The journaling was done with my Zig Writer in pink and blue, and the list is five things that are uniquely beautiful about me. The prompt from the book was to write only three things, but I had actually done a list of five for a separate prompt a few months ago, so I just used those. And then I wrote the Bible verse Ephesians 2:10 at the bottom as a reminder to refer to that whenever I look back at this layout. This one is going into my Book of Me.


I'm even pleased with how my mixed media feathers turned out, especially for my first time scrapping outside the box. I basically watched a YouTube video and then just followed what that girl did. I mixed the turquoise paint with some of the plastic microspheres with some water with some white glitter from my stash, and then used a spatula to "paint" it over the feather stencil. Then I let it dry overnight.

Did it have the consistency of concrete and/or a slushie? Yes. Did it give my layout some dimension and texture? Yes.

Is it uniquely beautiful like me? Yes!

Comments