December Daily 2017 - Getting Started

Here is a quick video of my December Daily 2017 album and the plans I have for it:



If you missed my December Daily post from earlier this week, then here are the tips I offered up for doing your own December Daily album. (And maybe this year I will actually take my own advice.)

1. Use up your holiday scraps. December Daily albums are meant to be mini albums, so they are perfect for using up leftover papers and embellishments.

2. Think ahead about what album you want to use. Do you prefer a chipboard album? Do you want a D-ring album? How many pages do you think you'll need? Planning this out in advance will save you a lot of time and headache later on.

3. It's okay to keep it simple. Don't stress! Many of my past December Daily albums are simple. I don't like to be working on my DD in June, you know? So if simple works best for you, then that is totally fine.

4. Get creative to add pages and fun elements. I used sample Christmas cards that I received in the mail to add pages to some of my albums, or I printed a photo as a 5x7 and turned that into a page. There are many ways to get creative with your albums.

5. It's okay to not have a photo a day. You may not have 25 days of festive happenings. If you don't, that's no big deal. Just add whatever photos you take throughout the month!

6. Prepare pages in advance if you can. If you have your album and your papers and embellishments purchased ahead of time, you can lay out your pages in advance. And then all you'll have to do is add in the photos! This is especially helpful for those of us who don't like working on DD albums in June.

7. Post DD pictures to Instagram and print them directly through Walgreens or Shutterfly apps. I've done this for several DD albums in the past, and I love having the 4x4 photos in my albums. I'm going to do that again this year.

8. Take pictures of the everyday. If you do want to have a picture for every day, then take pictures of the everyday! I've taken pictures of my favorite Christmas movie on TV, getting a pedicure, Christmas trees on the street, and my Advent calendar.

9. Stay tuned to the blog for more DD inspiration! I'll be blogging more about my own December Daily adventures throughout December and beyond as I put together my album and take my photos using this photo-a-day challenge, courtesy of A Content Housewife.

Comments