You Are My Sunshine Scrapbook Page

Because I still have supplies left in my The International Scrapbook Garden Garden Sunkissed kit, I decided to use it to create a layout for a challenge over at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges. There are a couple different challenges this month, but the one I am doing is to "Use children's artwork or journaling or be inspired by a children's book".

I decided to use a piece of artwork that my daughter created at daycare and include the pictures of her during the creation process. The artwork took up so much space that I ended up keeping things fairly simple on this one.


Because the artwork was supposed to look like flowers in the grass, I added some burlap flower embellishments in the corner and cut out a circle from some yellow patterned paper.

I then wanted to add what I hoped would end up looking like sun rays, so I sprinkled some Lindy's Magical Powder in Yodeling Yellow over the paper in the corners and on the yellow circle, spritzed on some water (with a misting fan because I'm classy like that), and then used a paintbrush to smooth out any powder bumps. It definitely gave the paper and the yellow circle some shine, but I'm not sure how well it shows up in a picture.


I ended up using the yellow circle (my "sun") for the journaling, and then I placed the Creative Embellishments chipboard embellishment on top to act as the title.


This was a fun challenge because it got one of Daphne's pieces of artwork out of a Rubbermaid bin and into the scrapbook. I know that I won't be able to keep all of the art she does throughout the years, so I'll have to come up with creative ways to save it. Picking special pieces to put in scrapbooks like this is a great idea!

Comments

  1. Your layout is just darling. Using our children's artwork in our layouts creates double the memories! Fabulous!!! Thanks for playing along with Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layout and such a treasured memory you documented :) Thanks for playing along with Lasting Memories Layout Challenges
    Tina-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw - look at those sweet little hand prints! This is an adorable layout! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lasting Memories! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment