A Tale of Two Pumpkin Breads

It's fall, y'all! And in my quest to make everything on my Fall Pinterest board, I tried two new pumpkin recipes. (Note: I did not make these gluten-free because my husband refuses to eat anything pumpkin-flavored. He is weird.)

The first one was your standard pumpkin bread recipe. The original pin was from A Kitchen Addiction who adapted it from Nancy Creative who adapted it from a cookbook. I used the Nancy Creative version minus the buttercream frosting because the baby woke up from her nap so I didn't have time to make it.

You guys, this pumpkin bread tastes JUST LIKE STARBUCKS PUMPKIN BREAD.


In fact, I think the next time I make it, I want to add toasted pumpkin seeds on top just like they do at Starbucks.

The next pumpkin recipe I tried was a bit fancier and maybe a bit healthier. It's Paleo Pumpkin Coffee Cake from Jay's Baking Me Crazy.



Surprisingly, I had all of the ingredients in my pantry already thanks to a gluten-free cake that my sister-in-law made at my mother-in-law's house, and then my mother-in-law gave all the ingredients to me.


It tasted very much like pumpkin pie with a coffee cake crumble topping. Not at all what I was expecting but not bad. While I think I prefer the classic taste of the pumpkin bread, at least with this coffee "cake", I can feel a little better about eating it knowing that it's paleo and sort of healthy.

So that's three things this month that I've made containing pumpkin. I am well on my way to enjoying this wonderful flavor of fall, and we haven't even reached the first day of fall yet!

Comments