What Happened to All the Scrapbook Bloggers?

Does anyone else remember Google Reader? I used to use it all the time to keep up with all the blogs I was following. Google Reader compiled all the latest blog updates in one place, so all I had to do was scroll through my feed instead of visiting each individual blog.

Most of the blogs in my Google Reader were scrapbook blogs belonging to individual scrapbookers. There were A LOT of them at the time.

Now, I don't know if the end of Google Reader is the problem or if something else happened, but when I look back through my list of scrapbook blogs that I subscribe to (still), most of them haven't been updated in years.

Where have all the scrapbook bloggers gone?

(I hope you sang that to Paula Cole's "Where Have All the Cowboys Gone?" If you did, then we are probably kindred spirits.)

But seriously. What happened to the scrapbook bloggers? Did life get in the way, and they just didn't have the time to keep up with their blogs? Are they still scrapbooking but not sharing their work on their blogs? Did they move on to other forms of online expression? Turn to social media-only sharing because it's easier and less time-consuming than putting together a whole big blog post?

I used to follow SO MANY scrapbook blogs. I participated in scrapbook challenges. I was part of a community! And now I feel like that community has gotten lost, or at least the community that I used to be a part of.

I'm sure there are other scrapbookers out there who are still blogging. I mean, I am! And I'm on a quest to find them and figure out the best way to follow them and make sure I stay up to date with the latest posts. I recently put together a Pinterest board for Scrapbook Challenge Blogs so that I can try and participate in more scrappy challenges. (Follow along on my board so you can see some of the challenge blogs I've recently discovered or re-discovered, in some cases.)

I would love to find even more challenge blogs and general scrapbook blogs. If you know of any, please let me know what they are in the comments section!

I want to get back into a scrappy community! It's a good group of people, you know?

Comments