Walk This Way Scrapbook Page

Welcome to a special Sunday edition of the blog! I'm posting today because I put together a layout for a scrapbook challenge, and I wanted to share it with you, get it linked to the challenge blog, and make sure you guys had enough time to participate in the challenge yourselves!


It's the 123 Challenge for August 2017 over at the 123 Challenge Blog! This is the first time I've done a challenge like this before. You have to use a given sketch, two words (either in the title or as inspiration for the page), and three colors.

So for this month, there is a lovely one-photo layout from Pagemaps, the words "family" and "fun", and the colors teal, chocolate, and violet.


I followed the sketch and the color scheme. (Had some gorgeous colors in this jewel tone paper pad I picked up at Michael's the other week for 40% off!) Instead of using the words in the title, I used them as inspiration for the layout. This is a picture of my daughter (the family) playing at her activity table (the fun).

The week before her first birthday, she pulled herself to standing at the activity table and started pushing it around the living room, walking behind it! WALKING! We were so excited, and it was kind of FUN to see her take these next developmental steps.


The patterned papers on this are old American Crafts, and I love how they have the violet and teal in them, too. Everything else is just random stuff from my stash. I was surprised at how many things I had that coordinated with the color scheme for this challenge.


I was also excited to use my Creative Memories circle cutter to make the thin violet circle you see on this layout. My mom gave it to me for Christmas, but it has been a challenge for me to do more than just simple squares on all of my layouts. So I'm glad that this sketch had a circle in it so that I could get creative and use one of my tools!

Thanks for looking, and thanks for 123 Challenge Blog for such great inspiration this month!

Comments

  1. Oh this is such a lovely take on the sketch and great use of the colors and the photo is adorable after reading about it here in this post.. thanks so much for joining in with the 123 Challenge blog this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute page. Thank you so much for joining in with 123 Challenge Blog this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a fun page, Laurie,i hope to see more of your layouts in the coming months, of 123 challenge, thanks for playing along this month

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining us Laurie. You have interpreted the challenge beautifully. It really is exciting when they take their first steps. Cheers Heather.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment