Sweet Snuggles Scrapbook Page

There's no break in the scrapbooking! Last night I got another one done for the zoo animals challenge at Lasting Memories. To satisfy this challenge, I used a sticker of a monkey on my page!


And here's the complete layout. These are pictures that I found in my mom's photo stash, and I had no idea they existed! So I brought them home and decided to scrap them.


This gave me a chance to use up some baby sticker embellishments from Echo Park that I hadn't used when I was scrapping all of the baby pictures I had. The title is a vellum embellishment from something that my mother-in-law gave me, and the green ribbon (yes, ribbon!) was in my stash. The patterned paper was also from my mother-in-law, and I thought the colors of it were perfect for baby pictures.

I did a pull-out journaling tag, which I haven't done in forever. And on it, I journaled about what that first week with the baby was like. Suffice it to say, it was hard.


Because I scrapped these pictures more than a year after they were taken, I didn't really have space to put them in my regular scrapbook, so I decided to put it in my Book of Me, an album that has been sorely neglected. The last time I added to it was May 2015!

So I'm glad that I was able to add this page to it. I feel like my journaling was very honest, and that's what a Book of Me is supposed to be about. So years from now when my daughter looks through it to try to "understand mommy", she'll get to see what my experience was like.

Do you do a Book of Me? 

Thanks for looking!

Comments

  1. Wonderful idea to do a Book of Me...your daughter will love that you shared your thoughts of such special moments. Love your layout...the monkey is a perfect embellishment! Thanks for playing along with Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute layout! Way to go using up some of that stash and I haven't used ribbon in ages, either! Maybe I need to challenge myself to pull it out and use it! I never have started a Book of Me, but I think it is an awesome idea! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Lasting Memories! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment