Fred's Friend Scrapbook Page

Here's my scrapbook layout for the August 15th sketch over at Stuck?! Sketches. The challenge was to create a layout based on the sketch. I had just the perfect pictures for this one.


These are pictures of the baby with Flat Freddy, the St. Louis Cardinals version of Flat Stanley. Daphne used to love playing with this thing!

For this one, I decided to make a border of baseballs going down the diagonal line. Because I didn't have any baseball embellishments, I had to make my own. So I used my Creative Memories circle cutter to make two different sizes of circles from white cardstock (smallest circle template with red and green blades) and then I drew red lines on the circles to make them look like baseballs.

(You may have seen me talk about this in my Instagram Story from yesterday!)


The patterned paper is old American Crafts, while the red cardstock is from Recollections. The black cardstock is from a paper pad that I bought at Michael's a few weeks ago. Can't recall who makes it.


And the glittery red letters are also Recollections. Those were a great deal. If you see them in Michael's, snatch them up. You get a lot of letters!

Also, does anyone have tips for writing with white pens? I always find it so difficult to get the ink to come out smoothly.

Thanks for looking! Hope you can play along with the challenge, too!

Comments

  1. Great take on the sketch. So fresh! Love the bright colors! Thanks for joining Stuck?! Sketches! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fun page, love the row of baseballs and the pretty patterns! Thanks for playing along at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet and fun layout. So bright and colourful. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the baseballs! Thank you for joining us at Stuck Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment