Meal Plan Monday - May 8

So this month I'm participating in the Fit4Mom Month of Mama, a free fitness and health challenge with different fitness prompts each day and a healthy eating meal plan. It was supposed to start last week, but I didn't open the email with all the recipes until after I had gone grocery shopping for the week. So I decided to just start a week behind schedule and who really cares?

The meal plan offers recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. I'm not sure who these Fit4Mom people think they are talking to because when you're a part-time working mom who has to pay for daycare, you can't afford to buy all the ingredients needed for all of these healthy meals.

I decided to just do the breakfasts and dinners. Turkey sandwiches for lunch are alright by me, and I don't eat dessert on a regular basis anyway, so just because I'm being given license to eat it now doesn't mean I'm going to.

And even with the dinners, I had to rearrange things so that stuff that takes a long time to cook can be done on days when I don't work. And I, of course, had to accommodate for special occasions, like our anniversary and the baby's baptism this weekend where we will be eating pizza for lunch and not "Farmer's Market Lunch". (Are you kidding me with that? Have you BEEN to my local farmer's market? It's a joke.)

Anyway, here is our customized healthy eating meal plan sort of for the week:

Sunday: Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken w/ Baked Sweet Potato (regular baked potato for my husband)

Monday: anniversary dinner

Tuesday: Chicken Salad

Wednesday: Slow Cooker No Tortilla Soup

Thursday: pizza on homemade gluten-free pizza dough (was supposed to be Easy Pita Pizza, but pita isn't gluten-free)

Friday: leftovers

Saturday: out

Comments