Cornbread Chicken Pot Pie

As Chris Rock once said, "Cornbread. Ain't nothin' wrong with that."

I had a box of gluten-free cornbread mix in my pantry, and I really wanted to use it for something more than just a side. So I decided to make it a topping for chicken pot pie.


Now, of course, I made this MANY weeks ago by this point, so I don't even remember where I found the recipe on which I based this. But I mean, you could sort of just follow any recipe that calls for a boxed cornbread mix. I'm pretty sure the filling for this was just chicken, a bunch of frozen veggies, and a roux of gluten-free all-purpose flour and butter.


The boxed mix I used was from Glutino. I usually use Bob's Red Mill gluten-free cornbread mix, but I do like the Glutino because it's much sweeter than Bob's. I might have to make the switch the next time I make my gluten-free stuffing for Thanksgiving.

Comments