Gluten-Free Turkey and Vegetable Meatloaf

A few weeks ago I put Turkey and Vegetable Meatloaf on our meal plan because ground turkey was on sale at the grocery store, and I thought the recipe looked good and HEALTHY.

A healthy meatloaf? Say what?

All of THIS goes into your meatloaf!
And it was good and it is healthy. Plus, I didn't have to do too much to make it gluten-free!

The original recipe comes from Eating Well magazine and you can find it here.

But I've got just a few tips and tweaks that you may want to know about.

First, this makes TWO loaves. And that's great because then you'll have one loaf for leftovers another night! The only thing is, I wasn't impressed with it as leftovers. The first time it was GREAT. The second time it was "eh". I think I might cut the whole recipe in half next time so that we only have one meatloaf.


Second, the recipe calls for whole-wheat panko breadcrumbs, but obviously those are not gluten-free. So I just used regular gluten-free bread crumbs. The 4C brand makes a good version of gluten-free bread crumbs.

Third (and fourth and fifth), I left out the shallots, used whatever percent milk we had in the fridge, and diced up a green bell pepper instead of a red bell pepper because green was what we had in the fridge.

And finally, the instructions don't say to but I peeled the skin off of my sweet potato before dicing it.

This is not a quick weeknight dinner to whip together once you get home from work. You'll need time to prep everything and cook everything. But if you want a hearty and healthy Sunday dinner, then I suggest you run out to your grocery store and get all the ingredients you need to make this one this weekend!

Comments