Monte Cristo-Style Chef Salad

So I first made this salad LAST YEAR based on the Monte Cristo-Style Chef Salad recipe that was in an issue of Everyday with Rachael Ray. (I think the magazine changed its name and is now Rachael Ray Everyday?) At the time, I took a picture of my salad and placed it against a picture of the salad from the magazine, and then shared it on Instagram. And wouldn't you know, my Instagram photo made it into one of the next issues of the Rachael Ray magazine!

A photo posted by Laurie (@cookscrapcraft) on

But I guess I never posted about this recipe on the blog! Oversight!

And I actually didn't make this recipe again until last week! I'm not sure why it took me so long to get back to it. Yes, it's gluten-free! But maybe it's because I like it more than my husband. He's not a fan of hard-boiled eggs.

The dressing is really easy to whip up. I left out the shallots and just whisked the apple cider vinegar with the maple syrup and dijon mustard in a saucepan that had been heating up on medium heat for a few minutes.


You can also put chives and pickle slices on top, but I didn't have any chives this time and I don't like the sliced butter pickles. I'm more of a sweet gherkins girl myself. Also, I needed to use more baby spinach. Don't know why I was so stingy this time!

Comments