Braised Tuscan Beef


It's a miracle! The Crockpot made an appearance again last week! I used it to make Family Circle's Braised Tuscan Beef.

This was super easy to put together. Just throw all the ingredients into your Crockpot, cook on low for eight hours (or on high for six), and then add in canned white beans in the last 30 minutes.

This is a really nice combination of flavors, too. You've got beef chuck (which was sold already cubed at my grocery store), Italian-seasoned diced tomatoes, cremini mushrooms, rosemary, and a can of white beans. You can find the full recipe at the above link.

The original recipe said to serve this over gnocchi, but I haven't yet found gluten-free gnocchi and I'm not making my own from scratch. So the first night we just had it as is. Sort of like a stew. Or I think it would be a "stoop" as Rachael Ray would put it: soup + stew = stoop. Right?

Then we had it for leftovers served over white rice with green beans as a side. My husband commented on how nice that was.

So I think this one is a keeper!

Comments