Thursday, October 6, 2016
How have I not posted about this before? Making Pumpkin Bars is an October tradition for me. I make them every year. Usually they are not gluten-free because my husband refuses to eat pumpkin-flavored anything because he is strange. So I just make these for myself (and my co-workers).
I hope the baby likes pumpkin because one day I will make them for her so we can enjoy them together.
This recipe came from my mom. I have no idea where she got the recipe.
1 15-ounce can of pumpkin
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Blend eggs, pumpkin, oil, and sugar.
3. Add dry ingredients and blend until well mixed.
4. Pour into a greased jelly roll pan.
5. Bake 25-30 minutes.
6. When cool, ice with frosting (see directions for that below).
2 tbsp. butter
3 ounces cream cheese
1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1. Cream together all ingredients.
2. When the pumpkin bars have cooled, spread the frosting on top.
These are soft and sweet and if you love pumpkin, then you will love these! So what are you waiting for? Make these now! Happy fall, y'all!