Cleaning Your Pillows (Or Replacing Them) - August Pinterest Challenge

I had every intention of cleaning and drying our pillows because, let's be honest, it hasn't been done since I bought our pillows a couple years ago. So I turned to this tutorial from My Frugal Adventures, and the very first thing you're supposed to do before you even start the cleaning process is determine if your pillows are worth the time it will take to clean. Meaning, should you just replace the pillows outright?

How do you do that? Well, if your pillows are crazy flat like ours were, that might be a good indication.



But for more proof, fold your pillow in half. If it flips back open, then it's alright and you should continue with the cleaning process. But if it stays flipped, it's a dud. Get rid of it!

Guess what our pillows did?


Not good.

So I hopped on over to Kohl's because I had a coupon. (When do I never NOT have a Kohl's coupon?) And I found some really plush microfiber and hypo-allergenic pillows on sale for $4.99.



Ahhhhh it feels so good to have nice new pillows! And it forced me to finally change our sheets. Win win!

Comments