The Pediatrician's Guide to Feeding Babies and Toddlers - Book Review

I didn't start reading this book right after my baby was born because I assumed the book only dealt with solid foods. But I was wrong! This book starts from birth, taking you through formula- and breastfeeding all the way to finger foods for toddlers. Plus, it addresses concerns that all parents may have, such as food allergies, Celiac disease, GERD, and other issues that may arise due to food sensitivities.

And there are recipes!

I like the fact that The Pediatrician's Guide to Feeding Babies & Toddlers is presented in a Q&A format. So many baby books are full of long blocks of text. You spend so much time reading the books and waiting to get to the part that addresses the question you have or the information you need to know. Not so in this book.

The chapters are divided by age range, and within each chapter you'll find sections on basic nutritional guidelines, expected developmental milestones, and medical concerns. You can easily look in the table of contents to find the age and section of information you want. Turn to that page and read through the list of questions with very complete answers to find what you're looking for.

Even though this book is written by pediatricians, it's always recommended that you discuss concerns with your own pediatrician, too.

This book combined with my Baby Bullet Blender is definitely going to come in handy once we start introducing solid food, but for the next few months before that happens, it will also be handy if I have questions about how my baby is eating and digesting her formula. I think this is a must-have book for new parents!

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

Comments