Spaghetti with Lemon Chicken

The very first meal I made for my husband when we started dating was Spaghetti with Lemon Chicken. Back then, I had two little 4x6 books of recipes, most of which I cut out from the brand new Everyday with Rachael Ray magazine. Hard to imagine that there was a time without Pinterest recipe boards, without my giant "favorite meals" recipe binder, without needing to cook gluten-free.

But alas, here we are. In 2016. That first dinner was 2007.



And in honor of our 7th wedding anniversary this month, I decided to make this recipe again. Gluten-free, of course. (And with penne pasta instead of spaghetti because we didn't have any spaghetti.) I figure it was popular enough with my husband in 2007. It should still be a crowd-pleaser today.

Spaghetti with Lemon Chicken (have no idea where this recipe originally came from)

Ingredients:
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. salt
1 3/4 cup gluten-free chicken broth
9 ounces of cooked boneless, skinless chicken strips (Grill 'em on your George Foreman for a fast cook.)
2 tbsp. bottled lemon juice
1 tbsp. parsley
1 tbsp. dijon mustard
8 ounces of cooked gluten-free spaghetti

Directions:
1. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, broth, lemon juice, mustard, and salt. Mix well.
2. In a skillet, cook the cornstarch mixture until thickened.
3. Add the chicken strips. Cook until heated through.
4. Sprinkle parsley over the top. Toss with the spaghetti.

Comments