Gluten-Free Cheesesteak Penne

 
It's kind of nice not working five days a week. I'm back at work, but I only go into the office three days so that I can hang out with my baby! On those days that I don't work, I have plenty of time to make recipes that are a little more complicated. Take for instance Gluten-Free Cheesesteak Penne.

This recipe is based on the Family Circle recipe for Philly Cheesesteak Penne.

That's right. It's a Philly Cheesesteak but with pasta.

For my cheesesteak-loving husband, this seemed perfect.

And it was! He went back for seconds!

You can find the original recipe at the above link (though you'll need to register at the Family Circle website to see the recipe), but here's basically what I used to make it gluten-free. I substituted a few of the ingredients, too.

It's gluten-free penne (we like Barilla), sliced up green bell pepper, about a cup of frozen chopped onion (because I'm lazy like that), a bag of Sargento shredded two-cheese mozzarella and provolone, salt, pepper, milk, gluten-free flour (we like Bob's Red Mill), flank steak, Worcestershire sauce, two saucepots, and a skillet.


I forgot to reserve some of the pasta water when I drained the pasta, and I would definitely have added that water to the pasta and the cheese sauce to thin it out just a bit. I would also use more flank steak and less bell pepper, but that's just my preference for meat over veggie.

But overall, this was very good, and I will definitely make it again!

Comments