Gluten-Free Meat Lover's Pizza

I don't know if it was all the meat products piled on this pizza or the gluten-free homemade crust I made for it, but my husband could not stop talking about this pizza! So, here it is: what I call my Gluten-Free Meat Lover's Pizza.



This is nothing special. Anyone can do it, and you can make it using whatever crust you want. A pre-made frozen gluten-free crust. A crust using gluten-free dough. A homemade crust. Whatever!

And then to top it, it's your basic pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese (a whole bag, if you like your pizza cheesy), one diced ham steak, 1/2 pound cooked ground beef, and pepperoni. Bake according to your pizza crust's directions.

So easy!

Usually we used the frozen pre-made gluten-free pizza crusts, but I decided to try something different for this pizza. I found it on pizza, and it's called Where's the Crust? Pizza from a website called Plain Chicken.

The crust is basically cream cheese, garlic powder, eggs, grated parmesan cheese, and black pepper. You mix all ingredients with an electric mixer, spread it into a 9x13 baking dish, and bake. I baked my crust the night before and stored it in the fridge until the next night when I just re-heated the oven, put on all the toppings, and baked the pizza for 10 minutes.

The crust is very thin, and all of our toppings were kind of sliding off the crust when I tried removing it slice by slice from the baking dish. This was the first test piece.



But if you use a spatula and then slide the pizza slice off the spatula with a knife, you can get a decent-looking pizza slice like this one.


(I let my husband eat the nice-looking slice.)

But it doesn't matter what it looks like on the plate. It's delicious! My husband went back for seconds. I did, too, actually, even though I paid for it later. (Pregnancy heartburn is the WORST.) And then my husband ate all the rest for lunch the next day.

So, yeah, I'd say this was a success. Next time, I'll try making the crust the same day as we bake the actual pizza just to see if it holds up a little bit better to all the toppings. Of course, I could just cut down on the meats, but, well, who wants that?

Comments