Gluten-Free Biscuits and Jam

There's really no meal plan this week because of #WinterStormJonas that hit us over the weekend. We didn't venture out at all, so that meant no grocery shopping. Luckily, I had been stocking up on pasta, pasta meals (like these gluten-free Modern Table meals at Target), and soup in preparation for when Babies Jr. gets here. So we were pretty well-stocked for a blizzard, too. We're just going to go through some of our supplies this week and play it by ear.



But while we were stuck at home, I also decided to make gluten-free biscuits using Gluten-Free Bisquick. I had purchased some new Smucker's Fruit and Honey Blueberry Lemon Fruit Spread that I saw in Everyday with Rachael Ray, and I really wanted to try it out! (I had tried to do this last weekend using Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Biscuit Mix, but I read the recipe wrong and ruined the entire batch and entire bag of mix. Oops.)



I had enough Gluten-Free Bisquick to make half a batch of biscuits, so that's what I did! If you have Gluten-Free Bisquick on hand, here is the recipe from the Betty Crocker website.


The new Smucker's Fruit and Honey Blueberry Lemon Fruit Spread is pretty good, but let me be clear: you do NOT need a lot of this on your biscuit, toast, muffin, or whatever. It's got a very strong flavor, which is a nice lemony/blueberry mixture, so I would start off with just a little of this fruit spread and add more if you need it.

I also think these biscuits are best when fresh and hot from the oven. But if you make these biscuits the night before, like I did, and then store them until the next morning, just pop them in the microwave (on a paper towel or microwave-safe plate) in 10-second increments until they are nice and warm the way you like them.

Comments