Gluten-Free Taco Pie

Well, there's really no meal plan this week because both my husband and I have short work weeks, my husband has work stuff on Monday and Tuesday night, and Thanksgiving is on Thursday. So instead of telling you what we're going to eat this week (I think you know what we're going to eat on Thursday), how about I tell you what we've eaten in the past?

The other night I adapted a recipe from the October 2015 issue of Family Fun magazine for Deep-Dish Taco. I call my gluten-free version Gluten-Free Taco Pie. It's got a gluten-free pie crust (pre-made) and all the fixings of a taco. A new way to eat tacos!

The original recipe is not available online, but someone did take a picture of the magazine page and posted it on Pinterest. You can check it out here.

To make this gluten-free:

1. Use a pre-made, frozen gluten-free pie crust such as the Wholly Wholesome gluten-free pie shell (I got 2 in one package on sale at my local ShopRite)

2. Instead of flour, either use a gluten-free all-purpose flour or use cornstarch (I used cornstarch)

The instructions say to bake this for 40 minutes, but I think you could start with 30 minutes, and then check on it. Our cheese got a little too cooked on top because I did the full 40 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and that time was definitely too long. Everybody's ovens are different, though.

Comments