Gluten-Free Frozen Pizzas



Frozen pizza is a classic weeknight staple, but it can often be difficult to find gluten-free frozen pizzas that are good or large enough to satisfy two people. For the cost of what one regular frozen pizza costs, you usually only get about half the size in a gluten-free frozen pizza.

But no more! We recently sampled some of the newest gluten-free frozen pizzas on the market, and I'm blogging here today to tell you that we were really impressed!

First up, California Pizza Kitchen gluten-free pizza. I just happened to notice this in the freezer section at my local ShopRite while looking for a different brand of gluten-free pizza (more on that below), and I thought, "Well, let's just give this a try."

There are two varieties. We got the Margherita pizza, but you could also get BBQ Recipe Chicken.


The crust on this pizza is EXQUISITE! It is thin and crispy and just all-around perfect! We had never tasted a gluten-free frozen pizza like this or ANY gluten-free pizza like this before. My husband has already requested this pizza again, and thanks to a ShopRite coupon for it that printed out with my receipt, we will definitely be purchasing this again.

The next gluten-free pizza we tried was the pizza I had originally been looking for at my local ShopRite: Freschetta's new gluten-free pizza. I was participating in a BzzAgent campaign to review the pizza, but none of the grocery stores near me carried it! I had to use Freschetta's store locator feature on its website and then drive 30 minutes away to use my coupon for a free pizza at a Weis store. For all of that trouble, I was definitely thinking, "This better be good."


And it was! We got the 4 Cheese Medley Pizza (you can also get Signature Pepperoni Pizza), and I don't know if it was how long we cooked it for or just the cheese on this pizza in general, but the cheese was SO GOOD. Just how I like it. And this crust was also thin and crispy and didn't taste gluten-free at all! I would buy it again if I could get my local grocery stores to actually carry it.

Freschetta also makes single-serve gluten-free pizzas, perfect for when it's just my husband on his own for dinner.

So there you have it. More choices in the gluten-free food market! Have you guys tried either of these gluten-free frozen pizzas before? Do you have a favorite brand of gluten-free frozen pizza? Let me know in the comments!

Comments