Our Latest Gluten-Free Recipes

If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen some food photos from me. Have no fear, I'm going to go more in-depth on what we made in this blog post!

First up, is Maple-Soy Glazed Salmon with a baked potato and asparagus. It's a great combination of the soy sauce with maple syrup! The original recipe comes from the book What to Eat When You're Pregnant, so I can't reprint it here, but I did find a few similar recipes for you to try:
1. Maple-Soy Glazed Salmon from Cooking Classy
2. Soy-Maple Salmon from Food Network
3. Maple-Soy Glazed Salmon from America's Test Kitchen and Food.com.


Just keep in mind that if you are making this gluten-free, your soy sauce HAS to be gluten-free. We actually use San-J Gluten-free Tamari sauce, and I like that because it also is low in sodium and has no added MSG. You can also add whatever sides you want with this. My cookbook recommended the baked potato and asparagus, but white or brown rice would be lovely, too.

We also made Pork, Chard, and Black Bean Soup with Cumin, which came from the What to Eat When You're Pregnant book. And because my husband doesn't think of soup on its own as a "meal", we added gluten-free Nabisco White Cheddar Rice Thins crackers and cheddar cheese on the side. (This was also recommended to do in the cookbook.) 


Again, I can't reprint this recipe for you, but here are similar recipes for you to try out:
1. Chard and White Bean Stew from Smitten Kitchen
3. White Beans with Swiss Chard and Rice from The New York Times

Our recipe called for chicken broth, so if you're making this gluten-free, just make sure your chicken broth is gluten-free. Also, less is more with the swiss chard, in my opinion.

And finally, we tried something a little different using a recipe from the September issue of Family Circle magazine. This is Maple-Mustard Chicken Thighs with Fingerling Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts. (You might have to register or sign in with Family Circle upon clicking on the above link. It's free to register, but annoying, I know.)


First off, the recipe called for eight chicken thighs, but my husband (who made this ALL BY HIMSELF) could only fit five of them on our baking sheet. I guess we need a bigger baking sheet?

Second, our grocery store did not carry "fingerling potatoes", so I just purchased a bag of baby Yukon gold potatoes.

And third, the Brussels sprouts. The crispy bits were pretty good, but overall, I don't think they are something that we will be making again. Many people have told me that they LOVE Brussels sprouts and their kids LOVE Brussels sprouts and you HAVE to make them THIS way and you'll LOVE them, too. Well, folks, I think I ruined our chances of every trying Brussels sprouts again. My husband might divorce me if I try to bring them into our kitchen again. So, those are out and don't try to get me to change my mind!

What have you guys been eating? Anything here spark your culinary interest?

Comments