Cooking with Goya Mojo


Before the end of summer, Goya was kind enough to send me a few of its products to test out for free: Mojo Chipotle marinade, coconut water, and Sazonado Total seasoning. Even though it's no longer summer (well, technically it's summer until September 21, but school is in session now, so summer is "over"), you can still bring the flavors of summer into your home with these delicious ingredients and some equally delicious Goya recipes.

I figured it would be easier for me to start with the Mojo Chipotle sauce, which sounded like it would make a great marinade for meat! So I went with the Goya recipe for Carne Asada Tacos, which you can find on Goya's website here. (This recipe is kind of spicy, so be warned. And if steak tacos aren't your thing, you can find TONS of other recipes from the recipe portal on Goya's website.)


It uses corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas, so it's super easy to make gluten-free. Just don't put too much taco sauce on top of your tacos or the shells will get too wet and flimsy. We had to eat our tacos with forks. Oops!

And with our leftover meat (steak), I whipped up a steak stirfry a few nights later using sugar snap peas, bok choy, gluten-free Tamari sauce, sugar, and honey. (I ran out of brown sugar, so I just threw in half white sugar and half honey. Worked fine in a pinch!) Serve over rice and call it a night! It was inspired by this recipe from Real Simple magazine.


I'll let you know how I fare with the other Goya ingredients! How would you use Goya's Mojo Chipotle sauce?

Disclaimer: Goya sent me the three ingredients listed above for free in exchange for a blog post. All opinions are my own.

Comments