Milk Bar Life - Cookbook Review

Working in New York, I had sort of heard of Momofuku Milk Bar but had never been there.



So when I got the chance to review a free copy of the Milk Bar Life cookbook by Milk Bar owner Christina Tosi, I thought I should also make the time to visit one of the city's Milk Bar locations.



If you don't know, Milk Bar is all about yummy goodies, such as milkshakes, pies, and cookies. The East Village location even has gluten-free cookies (though they are not made in a dedicated gluten-free facility, so be forewarned).



I had the pretzel milkshake, and oh boy was it a wonderful combination of salty and sweet!



The Milk Bar Life cookbook is more than just desserts. It encompasses recipes that Tosi makes when she's at home, recipes that her family members have passed down to her, and recipes shared with Tosi by her co-workers and fellow chef friends. Some of the recipes that I thought sounded good were Grilled Ham and Cheese Corn Cookies, Kitchen Sink Quiche, and Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Chorizo Burgers. (I tried my hand at one of these recipes, even successfully making it gluten-free, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow for more on that!)


What I like about this cookbook is that the recipes are divided into different chapter categories. So no matter what the event (cookout/bonfire, "weak" nights, craft night/sleepover), you can easily find the recipes you need! There are also cooking tips and advice to make your time in the kitchen easier!

And any cookbook that offers a recipe (and a shout-out to St. Louis) for Gooey Butter Cake with pumpkin flavoring is alright by me!!

Who would this cookbook be perfect for? Fans of Momofuku Milk Bar, obviously, but also foodies and anyone looking for some cool new twists on favorites.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

Comments