Measure In Strength Scrapbook Page


Today's scrapbook layout features Fancy Pants Designs "About a Girl" papers and embellishments and American Crafts Thickers. I really like the "About a Girl" stuff, but I really haven't used it much in my scrapbooking because it's a little too "teen girl". But I found some of the papers in the collection with sentiments that really seemed to fit with this picture.

This is a picture of me taken after a Zumba class last fall. Since July 2014, I've been spending my lunch breaks taking yoga, pilates, and Zumba classes at a fitness studio in New York. I really enjoy the classes, but here's the thing: I haven't lost ANY weight. However, that's okay! Because I definitely feel much stronger (my bum hip doesn't bother me anymore and I recently speed-walked a half marathon) and I've noticed a difference in my migraine frequency (chalking that up to yoga).

Part of the journaling on this layout is a quote from Laurie Halse Anderson: "I am beginning to measure myself in strength, not pounds. Sometimes in smiles."

That could not be more true! I hope you guys are able to find some truth in that statement, as well, and are able to find a really great Zumba or yoga studio near you. Seriously, these classes are so much fun!

Comments