Strawberry Lemonade Gooey Butter Cookies

Need a last-minute Valentine's Day treat? Try these Strawberry Lemonade Gooey Butter Cookies!

I should say right off the bat that these cookies are NOT gluten-free. I think I would like to figure out how to make them gluten-free, but you have to follow the rules before you can break them!

These cookies are adapted from this recipe for Pink Lemonade Gooey Butter Cookies. I couldn't find Pink Lemonade Cake Mix. I guess winter isn't really the season for pink lemonade! Instead, to get the same lovely pink look and something still flavored, I picked up a box of Strawberry Cake Mix!

With the exception of the cake mix, I kept everything else the same with the recipe. I didn't use lemon zest, though, because I didn't have a lemon. No biggie!

If you're from the St. Louis area, you'll be very familiar with gooey butter cake. It's kind of a big deal. I love the idea of turning it into cookies and adding some color to make them festive.

I kept my cookies in traditional cookie form. Not sure how these would work with a heart-shaped cookie cutter. I think they might be too soft. But that's what makes them delicious! They are so soft and sweet!

The only downside: I made these on a Saturday night and by Sunday morning, I was running a fever. My plan had been to ship some of these cookies to my parents for Valentine's Day, but I had to change that plan. I don't think giving someone germs counts as a good Valentine's Day gift.

If you want more Valentine's Day treats, then check out my Valentine's Day Pinterest board.

Comments

Post a Comment