Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter

The other Friday I took the day off of work and spent it getting things done: Target, library, grocery store, scrapbooking, deep-cleaning our bedroom, laundry, AND making pumpkin butter.

Yep, you heard me.

I made pumpkin butter in the middle of winter.



Really, this is more of a fall recipe, in my opinion. But you guys have been crazily repinning the Crock Pot Pumpkin Butter recipe in my Fall Recipes Pinterest board, and I happened to have an extra can of pumpkin in my pantry, so I thought, "Why the heck wouldn't I make pumpkin butter right now?"

This recipe is super easy, and aside from the 15-ounce can of pumpkin, you probably already have the other three ingredients in your fridge/pantry: apple juice, pumpkin pie spice, sugar.

That's it. Easy peasy.

Plus, it all goes in the slow cooker for about five hours and makes your kitchen smell YUMMY while it cooks.

The recipe doesn't say what size slow cooker (or Crock-Pot, if you own the trademarked brand of slow cooker) you need, but I used my two-quart slow cooker (mainly because my six-quart Crock-Pot was dirty in the sink...) and it was the perfect size! If you're planning on doubling, tripling, or quadrupling the recipe in order to make and gift the pumpkin butter, then you'll definitely want to use a larger slow cooker.



Cooking the recipe as is made enough to fill my 20-ounce Aladdin mason jar, which is made of Eastman Tritan material (not glass) so it won't crack, break, or stain. Plus, it's BPA-free!

Toast up some whole grain English muffins (cutting them in half with a fork, as is the proper way, if you didn't know) and slather this pumpkin butter on top for a delicious snack or breakfast that will have you wishing for those cool (but not frigid) and crisp days of fall.

Sigh. Winter is almost over with, right?

Comments