While We Searched for Birthday Cakes

I've got some more scrapbook pages to share with you! These are from my June 2014 trip home to St. Louis. 

Last year was the city of St. Louis' 250th birthday, and so there were 250 birthday cake statues set up around the city and surrounding areas. My parents were determined to find and photograph all 250, so I went around with them to find some of the cakes. 

While we were at it, we stopped to do some sightseeing at Jefferson Barracks, one of the National Cemetery Administrations' oldest interment sites and a burial place for soldiers from all wars, and the Missouri Civil War Museum.


You can read my TripAdvisor review of the Missouri Civil War Museum here.

And a trip to St. Louis is not complete without a visit to Busch Stadium to see the Cardinals play. It was a pretty great game - THEY WON!!


Before I close out this post, a big shout-out to Krafty Kat who was kind enough to donate some of her unwanted scrapbook stash to my scrapbook stash. I really appreciate it, Kat! I added the Studio Calico stuff you sent me to flesh out my own (very small) Studio Calico stash, and then I used it all to create these layouts!!

Comments