Silence Your Inner Critic

To expand on yesterday's theme of New Year's Resolutions and bettering yourself, here's a layout I made before the end of last year using something I found in an issue of Real Simple.


I can't find the original piece online, but hopefully you can read what it says in the picture. These are five quotes from various women from make-up artist Bobbi Brown to writers and a doctor offering ways to turn off your inner critic.

1. Rewire your brain
2. Know when to listen and when to zone out
3. Recognize the pattern
4. Pluck the weeds (yank out negative thoughts)
5. Step back from the mirror

I don't know about you, but I have a LOUD inner critic, which usually shows up when I'm trying to write stuff. It's a huge obstacle for me, and I hope to utilize these tips to overcome it this year.

Comments